Effective Date: January 1, 2019
What information we collect & how we collect your information
We may collect your information in the following ways:
- When you voluntarily share your information with us. We will collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide, including in the following contexts:
- when you register for a user account or create a user profile we may collect your name, contact information, username, password, and additional information you share on your account, profile, or registration form;
- when you send us an email, communicate with us through our interactive services such as during a chat session, or otherwise contact us, we may collect your name, contact information, and any other Personal Information you share in the communications you send;
- when you sign up to receive newsletters and other updates or subscribe to our podcasts or newsfeeds, we may collect your email address and other information about your device or operating system;
- when you register for an event we may collect your contact and other information necessary to reserve your space at specific events;
- when you apply for a job using our online application we may collect your name, contact information and employment information included in your application;
- when you complete a cancer risk questionnaire or request a consultation or appointment we may collect your name, contact information, date of birth, gender, geographic location, personal or family medical history, insurance information, and other health information;
- when you request to verify your insurance coverage we may collect your name, contact information, insurance provider, type of insurance, and additional information to verify your information;
- when you request information about a GentleCure location or about clinical trials we may collect your contact information, general geographic location, and information about your inquiry;
- When you post information publicly. Certain features of the Services allow you to publicly share with or communicate Your Content to GentleCure and other GentleCure users. For instance, you may post comments, share images, or start a discussion on several of our Services, which will display publicly once submitted. When you share Your Content publicly, you share it at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you choose to share Your Content. We recommend that you carefully consider whether to disclose your Personal Information in any public posting or forum.
- When you use our Services to share information with others. We may collect Personal Information when you share Your Content or communicate with others using our Services. For example, when you send a message to other GentleCure users through your profile on Cancer Compass we may collect some information about you or the individual you are sending to such as your name, your email address, and the recipient’s email address.
- Automatically through your use of the Services. When you navigate the Services, we and our vendors may collect Usage Information through a variety of technical methods, including Cookies and Web Beacons, and other technologies (collectively, “Data Collection Technologies”). For more information about how we use Data Collection Technologies, please see the section titled “Data Collection Technologies” below. To learn how to exercise your choices about Data Collection Technologies, please see the section titled “Your Choices.”
- From third parties. We may collect your information from sources other than you, such as from your friends and family and certain service providers. For example, a friend or family member may contact us on your behalf for information about our Services or refer you to our Services. If you provide GentleCure with Personal Information pertaining to someone other than yourself, you must have that person’s consent to share his or her Personal Information with us or otherwise contact us on that person’s behalf.
- Through social media. We may collect your Personal Information and/or Usage Information if you connect to us through social media. The Personal Information and Usage Information we collect will depend on your privacy settings for that social media.
- If you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, you may still be able to access and use some of our Services. Note, however, that certain features of our Services that require your information may not be accessible to you.
How we use your information
- Providing you the Services and fulfilling your requests. We may use your information to register you, administer your account and profile, enable financial transactions, or provide you the information and services that you request, including information about health care and health-related services and resources.
- Enhancing your experience. We use your information to personalize and enhance your experience when you use the Services, such as tailoring content and advertising and remembering your preferences.
- Monitoring, improving, and developing Services. Your information helps us improve the content and functionality of our Services. For example, we may use our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviors to create new features and content. We may also use your information to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services.
- Preventing illegal activities. We use your information to detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities. We also may use your information to protect the rights and property of GentleCure and others.
- As disclosed. In addition to those purposes listed above, we may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time of collection. Where required, we will obtain your consent prior to using information as disclosed.
Data collection technologies
Although most browsers and devices accept Cookies and other Data Collection Technologies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline Cookies. If you disable Cookies, some of the features of our Services may not function properly.
Interest-Based Advertising: We may use vendors to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These advertising vendors may collect (through the use of Data Collection Technologies) information about your visits to and interactions with our Services. In addition, our vendors may also use the information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for any products and services available from us. If you would like more information about this practice, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/. To learn more about how to opt out of our interest-based advertising, please visit the “Your Choices” section below. GentleCure will not serve targeted advertisements related specifically to cancer. For example, if you read an article on our Services about breast cancer, we will not serve you advertisements related to breast cancer. Our targeted advertisements are meant to target your general health- and wellness-related interests, such as health, exercise, and nutritional information. We also may serve general advertisements about GentleCure and our treatment programs.
Third Party Advertising: We may use third-party features (e.g., social media sharing tools) or otherwise allow third parties to collect information about your use of the Services. We do not control how such third parties process information. To learn more about how to opt out of interest-based advertising that may be supported by third-party activities, please visit the “Your Choices” section below.
Use of Dynamic Phone Numbers: We may use dynamic number insertion (“DNI”) technology to assess the effectiveness of our Services and to optimize the content and customer service you receive. DNI technology involves randomly assigning a unique and dynamic phone number to your browser when you visit the Services. If you call that phone number, we and our DNI vendor will be able to link that phone number to (1) the phone number you use to call us; and (2) certain Usage Information about your use of the Services. When you call a dynamic phone number, the information that we may link to it will become Protected Health Information and treated in accordance with our notice of privacy practices.
Please note: Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (“DNT”) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Our Services do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
When we share your information
We may share your information for the reason(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect it, with your consent as required, at your direction, as well as in the following ways:
- With our vendors. We may share your Personal Information with our vendors as necessary to enable them to provide services to us. Vendors are third parties (other companies and individuals) that support the operation and maintenance of our Services and that have agreed to keep the Personal Information we share with them confidential.
- With our commonly owned entities. We may share your Personal Information with other companies under common ownership and control of GentleCure, as described in the definition of GentleCure below. We do this in order to provide you better service, fulfill your requests, and improve your experience.
We reserve the right to share or sell Aggregate Information and other de-identified information (including metadata) to third parties for their own internal purposes, and publicly disclose such Aggregate Information and de-identified information, for example, in our marketing materials and research reports. We may also share Usage Information with third parties to enable certain functionalities of our Services, such as social media plug-ins (“share” and “like” buttons).
Your preferences about how we use your information are important to us and, when possible, we aim to honor them. We offer the following choices that you can exercise with regard to your Personal Information.
- Access and modify your Personal Information. You may contact us using the information below to request access to or modification of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Opt out of marketing and other communications. You can request to manage marketing and certain other communications such as our newsletters and certain other notifications by calling us using the information below or the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- For information about your options for opting out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history from our advertising partners, where possible, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/. You may also opt out of interest-based advertising through the NAI by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and following NAI’s on-screen instructions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising, but the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. In addition, if you opt out through NAI and later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new device, you will need to opt out of interest-based advertising again.
- Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting.
- You may be able to disable cookies or choose the types of cookies you wish to allow. Please refer to your browser settings.
How we protect your information
The security of Personal Information is important to us. We use reasonable safeguards aimed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the Personal Information we collect and maintain. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Services.
Children’s privacy rights
Neither GentleCure nor any of its Services are designed for, intended to attract, or directed toward children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that a user is under the age of thirteen and has provided Personal Information to us without prior parental consent, we will remove Personal Information provided by such underage user from our database.
Note to international users
Third party links and services
How to contact us
“Aggregate Information” is information that has been combined with information about other users and analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that no specific individual may be reasonably identified. For example, Aggregate Information may include a statement indicating that a certain percentage of our website users have chatted with our representatives to learn more about services.
“GentleCure” (or “GentleCure”) means GentleCure Global, Inc., (“Company”) and all entities under common control including but not limited to, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, home health agencies, physician practices, outpatient imaging centers, outpatient care centers, joint ventures, and ambulatory clinics.
“Health Care Providers” are providers, doctors, specialists, professionals, and other organizations who deliver health care services to you and/or take part in your treatment. Health Care Providers may include both your GentleCure and non-GentleCure Health Care Providers.
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate you. Examples of Personal Information include your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other information you provide. If we combine non-identifiable information with other information in a way that allows us to identify you, we will treat such combined information as Personal Information.
“Protected Health Information” is information that is protected by the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (“HITECH”) Act, and their implementing regulations (collectively, “HIPAA”).
“Usage Information” is information that we automatically collect about the device or devices you use to access our Services and your use of the Services. Usage Information may include your IP address, domain server, type of device(s) and web browser(s) used to access the Services, referring webpage or other sources through which you accessed the Services, and other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device. Usage Information does not usually, by itself, uniquely identify you but may be treated as Personal Information in certain circumstances.
“Web Beacons” (also known as “clear GIFs” and “pixel tags”) are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails that are used to monitor the behavior of a website user or recipient of an email.
“Your Content” is the information, comments, photos, images, video, data, text, and other content that you may post, upload, store, share, send, or display on the Services, including, without limitation your name, voice, photograph, video and/or likeness.